It was pretty cool last night.
For some reason, James (husband) and I simply weren't tired. We ate dinner, had a couple of glasses of wine, he bummed about on Facebook for a while and then joined me in the lounge room where we watched a few lame TV shows. We chatted and laughed and enjoyed each others company. We didn't talk about anything to deep or controversial...we just hung out.
I miss hanging out with him. Somewhere over the course of 24 years of being together we got caught up with raising babies, then children, then teenagers....caught up in daily life, daily struggles.....caught up in our problems and issues. We were best mates in the beginning and then that gets buried under all this....life.
It's wonderful when we just get to be and reconnect, remembering that under all the layers we still are best mates. Underneath the wrinkles that are starting to line our faces there is still that young couple that laughed in the face of everything.
I can't wait until we get to embark on some adventures. We have them planned and they're simmering on the back burner. I can't wait to spend time with him...some quality time, away from the every day.
I'm glad I still love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)