Today has been the day I needed in such a long time. Life has been go, go, go. Busy, busy, busy and concentrating on the have - to's. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but I was slowly becoming disconnected. Yes. That's the word. Disconnected.
I didn't know how important being connected to the earth was to me until I found myself disconnected from it. I've been longing to just get out into my yard and garden and just dig and weed. I got filthy dirty, sweaty and a little bit sun - kissed. I weeded and hauled logs, found lots of juicy, fat worms. I chatted away to the dogs who kept me company. I felt my over - active mind chatter just quieten and then stop. I felt peace again.
My Mum and Dad stopped by for a visit on their way back home from house sitting in the city. Dad came out to the garden with me and together we pulled weeds and chatted away about memories and family. Mum busied herself inside, helping me by cleaning up the kitchen.
I am so blessed.
Simplicity. I love it. I love reconnecting to what really matters. Family and earth. Simple things. All the dirt from my gardening endeavors has been washed away now but I feel the connection to the earth once again and feel ready to face what this week will bring.
This is beautiful. Earthing is so important. Hope you have a beautiful week x
ReplyDeleteLove it. I went into the garden and worked last week, it was the first time since before Winter I'd really got out there, and it did my soul so much good.
ReplyDeleteDo you guys have a compost bin? Our council offers rebates for them, it could be worth checking if Casey do too.
Loved reading this :)