Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

31 Days - The story of my first kiss



Throughout the month of May I will be taking on the 31 Days of Confessions Challenge. I will be blogging every day about a different subject or question. You'll possibly get to know a lot about me!


Enjoy!

Ah how's this one for awkward and uncomfortable? *waves to all those who are in the know and are reading this*

Deep breath in!

I was fifteen and almost six months. He was thirteen and five months. It was September. We had inadvertently become "boyfriend and girlfriend" after we'd been hanging out together all day and then I sat on his knee at the campfire (actually, he sat on mine first). His little sister came up to us and asked, "Are you going together?" I don't know why but I answered, "I don't know." He replied, "Yes". She walked away and he said to me, "That's ok isn't it?"

It was perfectly ok.

We hung about together for the rest of the week. Simply holding his hand was enough for me and his hand was in mine throughout every daylight hour. There was the promise of a kiss but the days kept slipping away and the parentals and concerned others were watching our every move like Private Detectives. Ridiculous really. It was all as sweet as could be. Nothing serious was going to happen.

On the last night we slipped away outside and sat down behind the BBQ. Silence. Maybe a word or two.

And then it was happening. My first real kiss. Like real, real. I couldn't believe I knew what to do! Come to think of it, given that he was only 13 I can't believe HE knew what to do!

The only thing I didn't know how to do was kiss and breathe at the same time!

Help! I'm suffocating here! My nose is blocked...but I don't want this to end...but it HAS to end because I CAN'T BREATHE!!!

I broke away, apologising because I couldn't breathe. The second one was a lot better. Oxygen really does make a difference to things.

We were seen by one of the "concerned others" as we made our way back to the main hall to join everyone else. The concerned other promptly went and informed his mother and then, a couple of months later, quietly and firmly informed my mother and requested that I not be allowed to attend any function without parental accompaniment.

I don't think I've quite forgiven her yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)