Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

31 Days - The day I started blogging

I can't quite remember the year I started blogging, let alone the actual day. (I can't even remember yesterday these days!)
I started writing online at a website called OpenDiary. I don't know what drew me there, but I when I found the site I enjoyed reading stories of peoples daily lives, seeing Day In The Life photo posts and just reading about their life journeys and it made me want to do the same. There was the ability to leave notes to diarists and before too long a little community began to develop around me and I started to get to know people. I started meeting other diarists when I accepted an invitation to a Tupperware party one diarist was holding. It was with great excitement and a bit of nervousness that I found myself knocking on her front door and then sitting in a room with a bunch of other diarists. Everyone was just as sweet and friendly as they were online and we all became friends.
Through blogging I've journeyed with others through blossoming relationships, weddings, pregnancies, birth, holidays, triumphs, loss and grief. I've learned about different medical conditions, disabilities and become aware of issues I never even thought about. I know new recipes, tasted new foods, attempted different crafts and explored the arts. I've educated people about my genetic condition, given them an insight into life with dwarfism and have even been asked to speak at functions.
I didn't know what I was getting into on the day I started blogging but I'm so glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)