I feel as though I took a journey, completing the Art & Soul course - a journey of self discovery and expression, spiritual discovery and processing a lot of things that have happened over the past 15 years. I feel as though I was stuck in the process of grieving for the past 15 years and now I'm in a time of awakening and celebration. Simple things are now filled with such appreciation and gratitude - the food I eat, the running I do, the blissful sleep that tends to fill my nights these days, the simple act of appreciating people for the small acts of kindness they bless me with; time with my kids and learning more about them, what interests them, engaging in conversation about things they contemplate, the passions they have, their dreams & inspirations. My mind is filled with seeds of dreams and plans I want to see happen.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination; and happiness is something I'm now choosing on a daily basis. I feel as though I'm being given a second chance - to do all the working out of who I'm supposed to be that should have happened many, many years ago in between being someone's daughter & becoming someone's wife. The act of buying my own car being the first of many experiences to come. I catch myself in the process of contemplating a trip to New Zealand, realizing I'm "free" to do this and my planning to make this happen is not dependent upon someone else's opinion or agenda. It's a freeing feeling.
I love being single. I haven't been "single" ever. Maybe this is the reason I found the separation so hard. But now I'm ok and will continue to be so.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)