Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Solitude Standing


It's taken me a while to get to the point where I'm okay with doing things on my own. There's just something about cinemas and restaurants that just screams out party and togetherness and groups. Walking into a restaurant to dine on your own? It kind of feels a bit...conspicuous, doesn't it? 

I love it now. I'm beyond caring about what people think. I now just go in and am shown to a table, peruse a menu, select and savour some delicious food. I take my time. I think, I may read, I listen to what's happening around me. Sometimes there's a friendly waiter that may serve me and we chat for several minutes. All in all I enjoy it. I'm learning to simply be present in a moment.

I did end up enroling in the Self Esteem course that I mentioned in my previous post. I'm quite looking forward to it. I love that I am walking my own path; not doing anything out of ritual or obligation but rather exploring where the path leads me with fearlessness.

I'm learning to tap into the Source of love that is within that drives out all fear.

4 comments:

  1. I would 'like' this on facebook, but I love this !
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always been on my 101 list - take myself out to dinner and a movie. Just me. Why does it have to seem so awkward?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leisa this is a tough one and you passed with flying colors.
    wow!
    I was forced into this for the most part when I had to travel for work. I needed to eat. No one was with me. Over time I grew to actually enjoy it. But the movies - well I have always liked going alone. I'm weird like that.

    I loved that you did this.
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)