Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, Tomorrow!

Fridays.

I look forward to Fridays in the same way a five year old looks forward to Christmas. Friday is my day where I don't go to work. Nope! I don't have to get in the car and tackle the Monash Carpark Freeway or St Kilda Rd, or anything. I am not at my usual place of paid employment. I'm a free agent.

Not that Friday is my day to kick back or relax or anything. Far from it. Friday is the day where I schedule appointments and cram as much as I can into the 24 hours that Friday encompasses. Tomorrow won't be any different...however for the first time in a while I will have the house to myself for several hours. Do you have any idea how much I am looking forward to this? Hours to just go crazy with cleaning and tidying and restoring peace and order to the mess.

I've also seriously got to spend some time Christmas shopping. There are only 17 days to go and I have only managed to buy one gift. Just one. I'm kind of starting to freak out a little. I had grandiose plans of making my girls a crochet afghan each for Christmas but there's no way on God's green earth that's going to happen - unless I dedicate every waking moment to crochet....which is impossible. I wish I could though. Anyway, this means that I have to get off my keister and go down to the shops and find things suitable for a 24 year old, a 21 year old, a 20 year old and a 15 year old. Any suggestions?

One day I am going to do what I resolve every year and start my Christmas shopping in July, or by September and the VERY latest. At least then I have money courtesy of Mr Taxman. I resolve every year that I will do it but like all New Years Resolutions it falls by the wayside, along with the resolve to stop swearing, blog on a daily basis and finish all the unfinished quilts lurking in the cupboard.

So, tomorrow being Friday I will resolve to get each of my kids sorted. We're having a simple Christmas this year - clothes and things they need. Surely I can get that done?

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling this! I decided to make my older two grils wilts for Christmas, and although I started in September, I am running out of time! The last few days I have been frantically using every spare moment to get it done in time.

    Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)