Not such a good day.
I’d like to believe that mankind is essentially good and accepting of difference. Maybe most people are. I don’t know. On days like this though I find it very hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe that people can be so ignorant and rude.
Today I pulled up at a petrol station to get gas. I parked next to a van…actually I think the van pulled up after me. Anyway I was standing there filling up my car and I noticed the woman from the car next to me actually returning to her car, alerting her children of my presence and then proceeding to sit in the car with the aforementioned children and laugh at me with them.
I’d like to tell you that I ignored them in a dignified manner. I’d like to tell you that I completed filling my car with gas, paid for it and drove out of there with my dignity intact. I’d like to tell you that, but I can’t because that’s not what happened.
I looked at that woman straight in the eye and, in front of her children, I flipped her the bird. Yes, I sunk that low.
You know, if it hadve been just the children I would have just let it slide. Kids do that stuff. They’re kids. But to be encouraged in that behavior by their parent – the one who is supposed to lead by example – I just saw red.
I’m ashamed of myself that I sank that low. It kind of set the tone of the day for me unfortunately.
OH Jeez what a horrible thing to happen to anyone - even those stinkers. What in the hell is there to make fun of?
ReplyDeleteLike I say all the time on my blog I am getting to the point where I don't like people. I smile all the time I am an up person who is kind and polite and has manners yet people all around me are shits.
Sorry you had to deal with this.
Makes you want to crawl under the covers.
And besides i may have done far worse than flip them off. I would have gone to the car and given them a tongue lashing. I'm like that in my old age!
Hey Peggy...I haven't blogged about why people do this yet have I? Maybe I should. It's a big reveal though! :S
ReplyDeleteThat's just appalling. I think I would have been tempted to do much worse than flip the bird but then I think you're a better person than me.
ReplyDeleteI think the bird was invented precisely for moments like this one, Leisa. x
ReplyDelete