Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Flailing into Friday

Its been a cracker of a week...and not in a good way. The stress and tension has been slowly building to a crescendo. I will smack the next person who mutters the word hormones. Just because something is fuelled by hormones doesn't make it any less real or valid. I had a pastor who once said to me, "I can guarantee that there'll always be one week of the month where you'll need to come and talk to me." I felt so...dismissed. I still don't think I've quite forgiven him for that. And yes, it was him in case you were wondering...

I don't know what it was about today but it was all kinds of strange down at the shops today. People were staring more than usual, cutting me off, pushing in. Someone pushed their shopping trolley into my back. I politely asked this lady if she could please reach a Veggie Loaf for me from the upright freezer and she looked at me as though I was some kind of a three headed alien freak before retrieving the loaf for me and handed it to me stonily. I thanked her sweetly and went on my way. I saw her again at the registers and she still looked at me as though I was the most terrible kind of putrid...but whatever. Maybe she was having an even more difficult day than me.

Poor lady.

I then exploded into car park rage trying to get out of the car park by yelling at people who were following me like lemmings when I drove down a newly blocked off, badly signed lane. I did not use my inside voice, nor did I use my nice words.

I am ashamed.

Reisa was not being a very nice "rady". (That saying is courtesy of my niece, who never fails to bring a smile to my face.)

I'm a tad better now. I've been given a 45 minute massage by my myotherapist and then a lovely adjustment from my chiropractor who then delivered the happy news that she's 15 weeks pregnant. Such happy news, along with the massage has made all things right with the world again...

Well...kind of.

I'm avoiding news bulletins and concentrating on fluffy news, such as medal tallies and World Record results from the Commonwealth Games. I actually got emotional watching the finish of the Women's Triathlon. Although I am not even close to the fitness level of those athletes, since becoming a runner I identified with the determination on their faces, the extra burst of speed when the finish line was in sight and the sheer elation and relief once the race was over. I've felt that too, to some degree and emotionally cheered them on as they finished.

There have been other blows during the week that I won't write about here. Suffice to say we are well versed in rolling with the waves that life sends our way and know that on the other side of the storm there are calm seas and clear skies.

Of this I am certain

1 comment:

  1. There is one upside its friday. Your lucky you don't work in customer service I see that shit everyday it amazes me how rude and arrogant people can be and its sad to say it is mostly the older generation. Today will be a better day Hun xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)