Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Time! Time! Whose got the time?

You know things have stepped up a notch when you decide you'll have an easy week and just do a couple of 5k runs.

Just because you're taking it easy.

I still find it all ridiculously amusing to be honest. A five kilometre run...easy. Weird!

Anyway, I've decided to work on improving my times now. Yesterday morning I experimented by setting goals every five minutes using my RunKeeper app. After 5 minutes I'd run 600m - which for me is a pretty good pace - so I set my next goal to be at at least 1.2k after the next five minutes...then 1.8k...and so it went. (This is also working on my appalling maths skills!) I maintained that pace throughout the run and ended up with an average pace of 8.09m/k for a distance of 5.72km. It took me 46min 36sec. Fastest time ever.

What I was surprised by was my body's ability to maintain a steady, faster pace and then it's ability to go faster when I could see the end in sight.

I think I'm fitter than I realise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)