Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Starting early

You know that Wet July I was talking about? Well, I thought I'd get an early start on Saturday night. After a stressful, emotion-filled week, The Man and I decided to just say, "To hell with it all!" and treat ourselves to a bottle of wine - and we determined to finish the whole bottle in one sitting.

I'm a lightweight. I'm a "One Glass Screamer", so after two very large glasses - or was it three - I was pretty merry. Very merry. Happily merry. Who cared about the issues and the problems? Not me! It was just nice to not care at all for a while. Transformers was on the TV and I was having fun watching it. My happy demeanour didn't stop me from recognising the pitiful acting though. The best actor in that movie is Optimus Prime. I love Optimus Prime. I have vague recollections of declaring that I was going to buy myself a piece of machinery and call it Optimus Prime................

Good grief! I was gone!

Thankfully, after passing out, I woke up feeling pretty normal. No headache, no hangover, no regrets. I guess that's what happens when you get tanked in the safety of your own loungeroom.

Dear readers, I'm not a drinker. At all. Sometimes......very rarely......I just like to check out for a while. As my kid's doctor said to me once, "Leisa, one child with medical issues causes untold stress on a family and a relationship. You've got four. Somewhere down the line you've got to crack."

Therefore, on Saturday, I checked out so I wouldn't crack. I'm already doing the counselling, so it's not as though the checking out is my only option.

Oh yes, and the bottle? A lovely Wyndham Vale Cab Sav.

Silly me.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing better than a night Cabernet buzz if you ask me. Sometimes one just needs a day/evening like that.
    Remember take care of yourself first so you can care for others!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It lets me know you're here and it really makes my day! :)